Take meaningful action
We're making it easy for you to have a positive impact on the world
The average New Zealander emits
this is the emissions from
barrels of oil being burnt
plastic straws being made, used and binned
lengths of NZ being driven by petrol car
The impact of doing something about it
- Swap to an electric car
- Join the collective
Create a fairer future
We help lower emissions and tackle inequality
Step 1. Sign up to contribute $5 a week
We’re a nonprofit so 100% of every $5 contribution goes to funding low-carbon projects (after bank and regulatory fees).
It only takes a minute, there is no minimum commitment period and you can cancel anytime.
Step 2. Help fund clever low-carbon projects
Your contributions finance green tech projects around the world. Projects that are proven to reduce emissions but need funding to go ahead.
All our projects are certified by the highest industry standard (see the FAQ for details).
Step 3. Clean up our atmosphere
Each dollar spent on projects saves kgs of carbon emissions from our atmosphere.
It's a highly cost-efficient way to help minimise the climate crisis.
Step 4. Give vulnerable communities a hand
All our projects have a raft of bonus benefits (aka co-benefits) in the communities where they are located e.g. creating jobs, improving health, empowering women, preserving biodiversity etc.
Help those most at-risk build climate resilience.
Step 5. Be part of the collective
Join our unstoppable community of Co-Benefactors living lightly on this planet.
Keep score of every project you make happen, all the carbon you save, and the co-benefits you create on your dashboard.
We are each part of the problem
Be part of the solution
Doing your bit doesn’t have to be confusing, costly or tangled in contradictions
Reduce your own emissions
Take calculated climate action to reduce your emissions wherever you can
- Calculate your carbon footprint (we like the futurefit.nz calculator)
- Work out where your actions can have the largest emissions savings
- Do what you can to reduce your emissions and minimise your footprint
Help others reduce theirs
Help frontline communities reduce emissions, meet their basic needs and build resilience
- Sign up to start funding low-carbon projects that reduce global emissions
- Invest in climate justice and climate equity action in vulnerable communities
- Reduce much more than you can if you only focus on your own emissions
We do so much more than just planting trees
The clean water project saving lives (and emissions)
In rural Rwanda, thirsty families must cut down trees to boil drinking water, or drink unclean water and roll the dice. This is an area where over 900 kids under 5 die from diarrhoea every year.
We’re helping fund CO2balance’s Rwanda Safe Water project, establishing safe and reliable water sources in the area.
The project has:
- helped 68,000 people
- prevented 10,000 tonnes of emissions
- decreased waterborne diseases (by up to 29%*)
- saved families time otherwise spent collecting wood (up to 2 hours per bundle*)
- reduced deforestation and pressure on wildlife